You are worth it.
At times I wonder WHY I am SO successful at keeping 55 pounds of weight off. WHY me? HOW? What is SO special about me. And, as much as I want to sit here and tell you I am superduper amazing – which, I am…I have to be really honest with you – it’s not anything special about me.
If you have read my blog by now you know that I lost my weight on Weight Watchers and I have maintained the weight loss – ALL OF IT – over the span of 7 years and 1 pregnancy. I attribute much of what I know and live, through the teachings of Weight Watchers; however, I also have my own philosophy and where-with-all to know it goes beyond a weigh in and 30 minute meeting.
You see, I always knew I was beautiful. I was always confident! I always knew I would be somebody some day. Really, just like the song. It was when I reached an all time high with my weight that I no longer felt like myself and I knew I needed a change. So, although I struggled with weight – I never struggled with confidence. I mean, WHY would I? I have always been fabulous.
So, you, maybe you are struggling with weight or with confidence… how on earth do you find it? Where does it come from? All I can say is that I have found it in particular places – all within my self.
You HAVE to start with YOURSELF.
No? Don’t have time for yourself? Well, that sounds like a personal problem – make the time. Really. Stop. Stop making the excuses and make the time to focus on your health! You ONLY get one body and one chance at this thing called life… make the most of it.
I therefore am going to do the annoying cliche numbering system:
1. Pick a date – choose that date and make it your “I am going to be fabulous date.” NOT a death sentence of I am going to start a dreaded diet – that just sucks.
2. Pick a healthy routine. I MEAN it… healthy. So start small. Maybe it is eat 1 fruit/vegetable each meal. Sounds insane but it will work. Do it each day.
3. Start walking – an NO not just to McDonald’s. Around the block. Play with your kids. Walk your damn smelly dog – just get out there.
4. Stop boozing it up – send that to my house. Enough said.
5. Eat FAT. And not greasy shit… I mean, avocados, almonds, cheese, milk, eggs… good FATS!
Here are some great super foods from Web MD. Mix ’em up.
6. Find great support – a friend, a family member an online blogger… anyone with a pulse that speaks your language!
7. Follow foodie blogs. Don’t tell me you eat a damn chicken salad every day for lunch and dinner… Ugh, you already annoy me. Add variety! Here are some of my favorite foodie blogs:
8. If you are not a cook or baker, f-it… pick some easy shit up from the grocery or take-out but make sure it is a healthy option… Not sure? ASK! Shoot- ASK me! No one ever sends me emails or comments under here… I WILL HELP YOU! email@example.com
9. Give yourself a break – grace – be easy on yourself. You did not gain it overnight.
10. Love you. Do you expect your family and friends to love you? I hope so. Then – YOU need to LOVE yourself FIRST.
So – I guess that is my 10 step plan for you… I also have a YouTube channel that is completely a mess. Really, I am not good at that yet – but I am trying. So if you are interested GO THERE for help too!
You hold the future of your weight loss – unleash it.
* I am very new to YouTube, be gracious 🙂