Happy New Year!
That’s right! It’s been ONE complete year of blogging!! I’ve had ups & downs & times where I’ve felt like this “blogging thing” was just another thing that was taking up my time. In short, I’ve felt like giving up on this little blog more than once, more than twice, but not enough to actually, well, give up.
Bye-bye 2014 and all your overdraft fees and sleepless nights; I’m ringing in a rich 2015 and a new found love of baby Benadryl. Can you say, “sleep through the night medicine!” Alright, in all seriousness, I’ll take a pink unicorn.
My sweet little – WTF am I doing with my life – blog was nominated for its first award!!!!!
How exciting!! I’m so thankful! I was nominated by Appetite For Honesty. In her blog she talks about her family, her, her husband and two boys. What I appreciate most about her blog is her candidness about life and reality. It’s messy and sweet. Be sure to check her out!
This award means a few things:
1. I’m on the road to becoming famous.
✔️ New Years resolution 2015
2. I get to answer questions for new readers to get to know me.
3. They like me, they really like me!
✔️ Again, practicing being famous.
1. What gave you the idea to begin blogging?
Dec 31, 2014 I was looking for something more. I love to advocate for marginalized individuals but wasn’t filling that space in my life. I should have just gone to law school. None the less, I wanted an outlet to share my thoughts and advocate for new moms that needed help & inspiration to keep going and to let them know they were doing an amazing job. Aka, me.
2. How many brothers and sisters do you have?
Well, that’s a loaded question. Of course nothing is easy in my life.
My parents had 3 of us: older brother, me, younger brother. Classic middle child syndrome. Until one day I was snoopy enough to find out I had a sister from another mother- no, for real, I found that out. Then my dad was remarried and had a son and daughter. So, 6, there’s 6.
3. If you could have a conversation with one dead person who would it be?
4. How has blogging enriched your life?
I have read emails that have thanked me for my blog. It’s like people just get it- or me, that feels pretty great.
5. What’s your favorite Disney character?
6. What part of the world do you live in?
North America. Phoenix, Arizona.
7. If you could travel anywhere right now, where would you go?
8. Are you an introvert or extrovert?
An extra-extrovert. But here’s a plug for all of you introverts Susan Cain – Power of Introverts watch that.
9. What’s your favorite food?
Mexican. Legit Mexican food.
10. What’s your favorite book of all time?
Such a difficult question but I’ll go with Eat Pray Love.
11. What’s the most amazing thing you’ve ever done for a person?
I let a person use my body to grow for 40 weeks and 4 days. Then when that person wouldn’t leave my body I had to cut him out. Look kid, 4 days of natural labor was enough.
So, there. All questions answered and posted for you to see. Thank you for following my imperfect journey. I hope to gain more followers and lovers of mybirthwrite.
Happy New Year to my friends and family, you.