Do you ever have those days where it’s all wrong?
Today was my day.
I don’t even want to replay it. I know it was bad. If I graded myself I would give me an F. I even drove myself from work to home (25 miles) on E. I didn’t care if I ran out of gas. I didn’t want to think about my horrible day and recount it in my head, but I did. Over and over and over.
If I only could have.
If I would have.
I should have.
How many times would I replay this? When will I move on?
Funny. When I have an amazing day rearely do I replay the joyous moments. Rarely.
When the bad days come, replay and repeat is apparently my mantra.
I took about an hour break after writing what you’ve read this far. I wanted to collect my thoughts and eat a few Oreos, pasta and sauce, bread and butter and a peppermint. I mean, I wanted to eat my feelings. I don’t feel better by the way, now I’m just bloated and sad. Hashtag: I’ll never learn.
——–//////// A NEW DAY ////////———
Yesterday is gone and I’ve put my big girl panties on and have taken a moment to evaluate my life.
- Life is amazing. Let’s be real, I’m writing this on my iPhone 5S. Really, complaining, Amber?
- I have an amazing, supportive husband who adores me.
- I have a beautiful son!
- I have an awesome career that offers my mind the opportunity to learn and grow.
- I have people that believe in me.
- I feel comfortable in my own skin.
- I acknowledge my imperfections and allow others to give me feedback.
- I stand up for what’s right.
- I’m a published author! Loving My Grandmas
- I’ve overcome adversity and I am a happy person.
So, all in all, bad days come and go; however, these “things” they last. I will always be these things. I own these things.
I created a few sayings on A Beautiful Mess and wanted to share them with you. I hope they speak to you as they spoke to me.