That’s what we’re told anyway.
Okay. Thanks but no thanks.
For what? Your simple little opinion of motherhood. The naysayers. The others. The non-mothers. The righteous mothers. Or, just the righteous.
You know who I’m talking about. The ones who make THIS a story.
Moms everywhere are forced to explain themselves or justify their actions. Like it everyone’s business how long we nurse, diaper, co-sleep, when we potty train, when we take away the paci, when we.. Blah, blah, blah.
Look you assholes, it’s our business.
Now, if we let you into our world, don’t be an asshole. If you must, practice this old saying: “treat others as you wish to be treated”. Or, take it one step further, “treat others as they wish to be treated”.
As a mom, I’ve done things I NEVER thought I would.
- Nursed and peed. Numerous times… What else would I do? Kid is hungry and I pee occasionally, ever try to hold that in?
- Allowed my child to vomit on me, I’d rather clean myself than mop a floor. I wasn’t sure of my other options in the moment.
- Cleaned poop out of the tub, twice.
- Slept in pee. It’s like water, right? I just moved right on over… It was really a win-win.
- Eaten kid left overs. Why? I have no idea- waste of calories on food that isn’t even luke warm. Stupid.
- Nursed in public, with no cover. Judge me.
- Give up myself, daily.
- Work endlessly.
- Worry often.
- Love, amazingly. Or, to “you” maybe disgustingly.
That’s right. I’ve done all these things and more. “You’ve” (they’ve) tweeted/facebooked/IG comments of disgust over half of these things. But, guess what: it’s REAL. REAL F-ING MOTHERHOOD. It’s what amazing moms are willing to do, everyday.
So, step off your douche-bag soap box. We’re not going away. Those real social media photos, they’re not stopping either. Be thankful we’re here raising the next set of hopefully non-douche bag children.
This weekend was full of disgusting moments. Puke, poop, fever, cleaning and repeat.
We have a few sweet moments, though.
Finally, after blood, sweat and tears of a sicky weekend Z wanted to watch a movie in the Jeep. So we sat – in the drive way- in the Jeep- with the iPad. So what?
Friends: pray for a clean slate and no more puke.
Until next time, nurse your kid on the potty. ✌🏽️